All instruments with an L&P Pro, L&P Studio, or L&P Soloist Setup, as well as all repairs, are covered with a 3-year extended L&P warranty.
Lohff & Pfeiffer extends the one-year manufacturer warranty to:
1. 3 years - to cover production and manufacturing mistakes.
2. Adjust the instrument to the individual needs, such as spring tension, key openings, intonation, and voice, to the player's preference. (Excluded from the warranty are costs for additional keys (for example, the B- resonance or the common E-F mechanism) and all defects caused by wear and tear.)
Woodwind instruments made from grenadilla wood can crack at some point. A defect in the wood or manufacturing does not cause it. It is rather the nature of wood, the natural reaction to the high humidity and temperature changes the instrument is exposed to when played.
Many cracks are superficial and do not influence the playability or sound of the instrument. If a crack goes through a tone hole, the instrument will have a noticeable handicap. Instruments that have LP-tone hole crack prevention are protected. In all cases, a proper crack repair will be done free of charge!
A free replacement for the wooden joint will only be granted within the first year and based on our judgment.
Greenline clarinets and Selmer's evolution bodies are covered for five years.
1. Instruments not purchased from Lohff & Pfeiffer are excluded from our crack and intonation warranty.
2. All warranty repairs must be done by our team or authorized by us, with a written proposal/estimate from a 3rd party repair specialist. Lohff & Pfeiffer does not cover warranty claims caused by the 3rd party.
3. The warranty does not cover problems resulting from normal wear and tear, humidity changes, or inappropriate handling.