About the model The Prestige 1183 R bass clarinet is the newest invention from Buffet and offers the best of 2 worlds.Designed as a bass to low Eb with an attachable extention to low C it allows to take advantage of both models regarding playing -weight- and sound advantages of both models in one instrument.
Lohff & Pfeiffer comments to the model Buffet Crampon Prestige Bass clarinet to Low Eb with low C extention Mod. 1183 R
This is the newest invention from Buffet .It combines the lightness and compactness of a small professional bass to low Eb with the option to prolong it to C.Especially players who travel often by plane will also appreciate the very compact case.
It is a very flexible and universal instrument and very popular especially among orchestra players. The sound is primarily dark, focused and carrying but it offers a wide range of colors from elegant to aggressive.
The 1183R bass l is available in unstained, polished African Blackwood. To reduce the risk of cracking, Lohff & Pfeiffer offer the tone hole crack prevention for all wooden instruments as an option.
See also: LP Tone hole crack prevention.
This model comes with the left hand Eb/Ab as well as with 3 low Eb keys. Some older instruments were delivered without the key but it can be added separately.
Additional Key features
1. The Tenons are provided with a metal tenon-ring for protection.
2. Low C/F Correction key.
3. The Bass has a full automatc register mechanism, which improves the high register in pitch and response greatly.
4. There are many adjusting screws to facilitate the key coordination for G#, correspondence between lower and upper joint, the adjustment for the righthand keys as well as the low C/F correction.
5. In addition to that, does the Prestige also have venting adjustment screws for the left and righthand keys. A great help if you know how to use them. . . Lohff and Pfeiffer offers several alternative versions of this model. .
1. Do to the size of the instrument will the wood expand and shrink fare more than normal clarinets. As a result is keyplay very common. This will create irritating noises, wear of screws and mechanism and the instrument gets easier out of adjustment.
2. The lP-Ballbearing system eliminates all these problems perfectly lightens the mechanical action and increases the speed and resonance.See also LP-Ball-bearing system . .
3. The ,LP-Pro setup is a special padding Technik, unlike on clarinet, primarily done with double impregnated leatherpads, which will give the bass a very lyric sound like a chello. And increases the dynamic range as well without being dominant.. See also LP-Studio-Setup . . .
5. The LP-Soloist setup combines the Studio and ball bearing system to one. This are instruments with big tone, fast response and quite action. Perfect for Recordings as well as Orchestra playing. See also How to find your instrument Testimonials